Monday 7 January 2013

My Favourite Ear-Flap Hat.

So, after a long time searching Ravelry and other crochet sites, and a few started-then-pulled-apart trials, I found this link on Pinterest:

http://stitch11.com/blossom-earflap/

It just looked right.... I already knew what yarn I was going to use, I had some left over from a blanket I had just finished, so as soon as I had the time I got started!

This hat really is as quick to make, as the pattern suggests. Starts with the usual increasing rounds for any hat, a few one-in-each-stitch rounds, (I did one round less then the pattern suggested - I must have a small head), then the easiest flap instructions I've come across and it's done: all but any extras.

I opted to change to a contrasting colour to put on a double crochet edging, (US single crochet). I then followed the patterns instructions to add braids to the flaps, (also very clearly explained and much easier than it looks), and pom-poms on the end. I also added a pom-pom on the top :)

Here are the results:




I apologise for the model... :/

I really love it! A few people have commented, (after the familiar: 'I like your hat!', 'Thanks, I made it.'), that it looks shop-bought... I guess my other hats don't!


No comments:

Post a Comment